Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

I never do this. Never actually make a list. I may think about a lot of things that I would like to change for the new year. In the past, some of those changes may have occured. Others didn't. But this year, What the Hell! Here goes! 1. Be a better husband She knows what a piece of crap I can be at times. 2. Be a better father Room for some improvement there too. 3. Stop a couple of bad habits Not going to get specific here, but I know what they are. 4. Ride More And safely , too, I might add. 5. Remember to stop and smell the roses Way too easy to get bogged down with worries about responsibilities. It doesn't take that long to take a small break and look around a bit. 6. Take good care of Max He has taken pretty good care of me. 7. Listen to people People feel better about themselves when they know someone is actually hearing them. 8. The Dalai Lama said: If you want other people to be happy; practice compassion. If you want to be happy; practice compassion. 9. Did I say Ride More? If I did, sorry, but it deserves mentioning twice. It makes me feel alive and I am convinced that it helps make me a better person. So there!

9 comments:

  1. Well that was a bit mysterious. 3) chewing finger nails and fluffing the blankets are too late to change. 5)good luck.4) and 9) blame Kansas.
    By the way having failed to overcome your instinctive good sense and keeping your resolutions to yourself I'm sure the peanut gallery will be delighted to pointedly ask how you did in 12 months' time. I know I will.Ha ha .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Worthy goals, to be sure. I've found it's easier to make the world conform to me, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm told that simply writing goals down on paper makes a difference. Public proclamation is going the extra mile. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cpa3485:

    you forgot Number 10: buy pink crocs

    Happy New Year

    bob
    bobskoot: wet coast scootin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Conch,
    I am already in troouble with Number 3.
    Thanks for predicing my inadequacies.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chuck,
    We'll just have to see how it turns out. Historically I have not always had success in these things.
    Thanks for stopping by,
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dan,
    I may have to try it that way. Kind of changes the isea behind the list. LOL
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bobskoot,
    I guess what you are trying to tell me is that my membership in the pink croc society is probationary until I actually buy some that I can wear on my feet? Nobody told me about that condition of membership!
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear CPA3485:

    Your resolutions are all good and inspiring. Good luck with them all. If you want, I can provide you with a disclaimer you can run at the bottom of thie list.

    I used to have a great New Year's Eve party every year. After the madness at the stroke of midnight, all of my guests would announce their resolutions. One year, Ricky Matz stood up and said, "Resolutions! I thought the invitation said 'Revolutions.' I got 200 armed men sitting out in the driveway with nothing to do."

    And somehow, revolutions have replaced the resolutions in my life. And a revolution is about what it takes to get me to understand that live changes around me... Whether I like it or not.

    Happy New Year! 2010 is going to be our year.

    Fondest regards,
    Jack • reep • Toad
    Twisted Roads

    ReplyDelete