Sunday, February 16, 2014

Another Pet Peeve: Turn Signals

Maybe I'm just feeling bitchy today, but am I right or not...?

The purpose of a turn signal is let let other people know what you intend to do. Right?

We all see people that don't use turn signals at all. Encountered a Miata that performed this stunt today. Thoroughly pisses me off! You?

Then there's another one I had just this morning. Someone in a Toyota Highlander makes a lane change into my lane right in front of me. I saw one flash of the turn signal (just one) and that was just before the person finished the lane change.

What's up with that? Huh?

What possible good does that do?

Ahh, nobody was really in any danger, but really, 

And I don't care if you are in a car, a truck, a motorcycle, a bicycle or in a space ship. You better be friggin' using that turn signal .....

So I don't have to 'guess' what the frack you are up to! 

There's enough other "stuff" out there on the roads to watch out for not to have to be messin' with trying to figure out what some other dolt is doing. 

Isn't that the point?

Comment me if I'm wrong.

And BTW, get off your damn cell phone while you are driving!

Man, I am bitchy today!

Ride On and Carpe Diem, my good, good friends!



6 comments:

  1. You are upset, and rightly so. Surprise attacks in lane changing suck!

    Well, using one's signals would mean one actually cares to inform outside people of one's intent. Even worse one would have to make a commitment… most people are not good with that.

    Actually, in Germany it's not too bad… you know we kinda stick to the rules, and most traffic participants use indicators, even the bicyclists (use hands).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that most states have a lar requiring the use of turn signals a minimum of 100' before turning or changing lanes. Either hand signals or electric. The problem is lack of enforcement. I think most law enforcement will use it as a reason to pull someone over if they suspect something else but not on it's own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree with you more! I get so fed-up with lazy lame ass drivers who think turn signals are unnecessary and they own the road. I am not a perfect driver and make mistakes, but I always shoulder check and use my turn signals. Bad driving makes me nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jimbo:

    Other drivers don't know the rules about using traffic circles. I have been cut off too many times, even today. The rule of yielding to the right does NOT apply to traffic circles if you are already in one.

    I get cut off all the time. When a car passes you, they are supposed to look in their rear view mirror to make sure they have "cleared" your vehicle. NOT TO CUT THE CORNER and nearly hit your front fender.

    Also I leave a lot of room in front as my Safety Factor, I am getting tired of everyone cutting in front of me just because there is space

    NO matter how fast I go, I can never go fast enough for those aggressive drivers. I was up to (insert fast speed here) and the guy just had to cut in front at the last moment to make his right turn

    No one goes the speed limit around here. If I go 50 kmh I would get rear-ended. Even if I were to go 60 kmh, I would be rear ended.

    And why do big trucks always go in the FAST lane and never move out of the way.

    Why do 40 ft tandem units drive like they are sports cars weaving in an out like it was a slalom

    Cars here don't come with signal indicators and

    Bicyclists ride on the wrong side of the road, on the sidewalks and always give you the finger

    bob
    Riding the Wet Coast

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said and right on, brother!

    Also, the idiots who hit their horns behind you as soon as the light goes green!

    Shut up!

    ReplyDelete